This site is the web home of Charles Stanhope, a software/hardware developer interested in programming languages, open platforms, art, craft, diy, making a living, etc.
This is the nascent website of my home on the web. It still needs a lot of work, but it's a start. I intend this to be the center of my presence on the web á la IndieWeb, and a place where I can have fun learning about web technologies and sharing what I know.
Currently inspired by the following quote that I heard while attending Open Source Bridge.
"Start where you are.
Use what you have.
Do what you can."
-- Arthur Ashe
I'm working with several other people in my community (east side of Portland) to get an interest group together. We call ourselves EAST Knowledge. If you live closer to Gresham than to Portland, and have an interest in technology, please let us know. We'd love to hear from you.
- EAST Knowledge
- Just to Get Some Attention - Old blog, soon to be consolidated here.
- Internet Clippings - Ditto
There's probably other places you may find me around the web, but I'm working to consolidate my online presence to this domain. Eventually I'll get it all straightened out.
When I'm first introduced to you, I'm liable to hand you my personal card. Something I created with my own two hands. Inks created with ArtRage and colors done with GIMP:
This site brought to you by:
- Sublime Text: Only the third text editor in my life I've been willing to pay for. It's not open source, but it works really well. I'm sure I'll eventually be disappointed once it stops being supported, but for now it is the best editor for me.
- Gandi: A great domain registrar with good values.
- W3C: The cumulative work of many, many people.
- IETF: More great work of many, many people.
- More: More open source software than you can shake a stick at.