Charles Stanhope's Brave Little Website
This site is the web home of Charles Stanhope, a software/hardware developer interested in programming languages, open platforms, art, craft, diy, making a living, etc.
This is the nascent website of my home on the web. It still needs a lot of work, but it's a start. I intend this to be the center of my presence on the web á la IndieWeb, and a place where I can have fun learning about web technologies and sharing what I know.
Currently inspired by the following quote that I heard while attending Open Source Bridge.
"Start where you are.
Use what you have.
Do what you can."
— Arthur Ashe
There's probably other places you may find me around the web, but I'm working to consolidate my online presence to this domain. Eventually I'll get it all straightened out.
When I'm first introduced to you, I'm liable to hand you my personal card. Something I created with my own two hands. Inks created with ArtRage and colors done with GIMP:
This site brought to you by:
- Static site generator: rapid typing with my hands
- Emacs: switched back after a short fling with Sublime Text. Libre software is best software.
- Gandi: A great domain registrar with good values.
- W3C: The cumulative work of many, many people.
- IETF: More great work of many, many people.
- More: More free/libre software than you can shake a stick at, which is even more great work of many, many people.